This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Orange County Area is seeking a Middle School Mathematics Teacher to begin August 2023.
CalWest Required Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
Client School Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- 3-5 years of experience teaching mathematics, preferrable in a middle school setting.
- International Baccalaureate (IB), inquiry, and conceptual teaching experience preferred.
- Committed to ongoing collaboration with colleagues, administrators, parents, and students.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus (internal and external).
- Strong written and oral communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders of the school.
- Highly ethical team player.
- High energy, self-starter with the ability to successfully prioritize and multi-task in an atmosphere in which time sensitive deadlines are the norm, as are interruption.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office.
- Implement the IB Middle Years Programme.
- Provide instruction to students in Middle School mathematics, in addition to algebra.
- Establishing and maintaining standards of student behavior is needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom within the limitations of class size and the resources provided.
- Evaluating each student’s academic and social growth and communicating with parents through a variety of means.
- Helping identify student needs and cooperating with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students recognize health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Maintaining professional competence through participation in-service education activities provided by the school and/or self-selected growth activities.
- Accurate accounting for attendance.
- Administering group standardized tests.
- Attend Division and subject matter meetings.
- Assist in chaperoning Middle School Field Studies.
- Support the School and its mission.
- Other duties as required by the Head of Middle School and/or the Head of School.
$ 60,000 – $ 90,000