This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Seattle Area is seeking an Associate Teacher to begin August 1, 2023.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Classroom experience as an associate or lead teacher are preferred.
- Academic or professional experience in gifted education, creative problem-solving, and inquiry-based education preferred.
More about this role
- Be assigned to a lead teacher in the Lower School Division
- Be a member of the Lower School Division.
- Work with small groups and lead whole-class instruction using an inquiry-based curriculum that inspires intellectual curiosity and a sense of wonder in students.
- Establish positive relationships with students and parents.
- Collaborate with the lead teacher and progress toward whole class teaching responsibilities.
- Provide lunch and recess supervision as needed.