This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Orange County Area seeks a Lower School Teacher to start on August 26, 2024.
CalWest Required Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
Client School Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- A comprehensive understanding of the application of best practices, inquiry-based instruction, backwards design, and formative/summative assessment.
- A clear commitment to the educational philosophy of the school.
- Able to successfully navigate an environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
- Willingness to contribute ideas to enhance the respective academic programs.
- Evidence of applied ongoing professional development.
- Collaborate with grade-level and exploratory teachers to determine, develop and implement meaningful lessons that fulfill the requirements of the school’s curricular program.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Design and carry out interpersonal communication tasks for pairs, small groups, and whole class instruction.
- Ensure that the course of study is modified for multiple levels of academic ability and previous experience of students.
- Create a safe classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate for the intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth.
- Conduct ongoing evaluations of student achievement through formal and informal assessments.
$ 65,000 – $ 85,000
Read more about this opening and
Subscribe to Job Alerts to get notification when we publish new openings