This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s partner school in the San Francisco Bay Area seeks an Assistant Athletic Trainer to begin in March 2024.
CalWest Required Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
Client School Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of experience of athletic training experience in an educational setting
- Certification: Current Athletic Trainers’ Certification (NATABOC)
- Certification: Current American Red Cross/American Heart Association, BLS Healthcare provider
- Operational knowledge of Google applications and Gmail
- Operational knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good communication skills verbally and written
- Assessment and evaluation skills and working with other healthcare professionals are necessary.
- Perform comprehensive examinations of orthopedic injuries or medical conditions.
- Taping, bracing, treatment modalities, and rehabilitation of injuries
- Communicate updates regarding student-athlete injury status with coaches, parents, and the Director of Sports Medicine
- Think critically and make independent decisions regarding the assessment, treatment, rehabilitation, and return to play decisions per state licensure guidelines.
- Demonstrate attention to detail for specifics and clarity in tracking and documenting injury and progress.
- Adhere to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) guidelines in all forms of communication.
- Understand mental health as it relates to injuries
- Assist with all daily athletic training room operations
- Maintain daily up-to-date, accurate medical records on a computerized software program that meets legal and regulatory standards
- Assist with baseline concussion testing (ImPACT)
- Organize inventory for the annual sports medicine budget
$ 55,000 – $ 80,000
Read more about this opening and
Subscribe to Job Alerts to get notification when we publish new openings