This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Marin County Area is seeking a First Grade Teacher to begin August 2024.
CalWest Required Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
Client School Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Relevant teaching experience with a minimum of two years preferred
- Proven track record of working effectively to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion in a community committed to diversity, equity, and social justice.
- Strong skills with curriculum design, initiative, follow-through, organization, collaboration, and communication.
- Challenge all students with high academic and behavioral expectations while fostering a climate of responsibility, safety, kindness, enthusiasm and fun.
- Model personal standards of excellence: warmth, clarity of expectations, consistency and accountability.
- Participate fully in a learning community committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Employ equitable and culturally responsive teaching practices.
- Apply a wide range of highly effective approaches to teaching, balancing enduring and innovative best practices.
- Collaborate actively with 1st grade homeroom partner (two sections of 1st grade).
- Seek out and engage in ongoing professional development.
- Form supportive and responsive relationships with students and families.
$ 72,500 – $ 152,000
Read more about this opening and
Subscribe to Job Alerts to get notification when we publish new openings