This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s partner school in the greater Los Angeles Area seeks a Part-Time Mandarin Teacher to begin in August 2024.
CalWest Required Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
Client School Preferred Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in History or an advanced degree in Mandarin language or linguistics.
- A minimum of three years of teaching experience is required, demonstrating a solid foundation in Mandarin language instruction.
- Native or near-native fluency in Mandarin.
- Proficiency in utilizing technology as an integral part of teaching is essential. This includes familiarity with learning management systems such as Canvas, audio/video file management for instruction and assessment, and proficiency in using tools from the Google Education suite, among others.
- A deep understanding of the cultural products and practices of Mandarin-speaking communities.
- Experience with proficiency-driven curriculum design and familiarity with the ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages) or CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) frameworks is highly valued.
- Design and develop effective lesson plans and curriculum materials that align with the proficiency levels and age groups of the students.
- Regularly communicate with students and parents regarding progress, expectations, and any relevant information.
- Collaborate with other educators to create an integrated and cohesive language program.
- Classroom management and executing lessons
$ 29,440 – $ 55,770
Read more about this opening and
Subscribe to Job Alerts to get notification when we publish new openings