This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area seeks a Middle School Small Group Math Teacher.
CalWest Required Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
Client School Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid teaching credential
- Experience with and understanding of adolescent children in grades 6-8
- Experience with and understanding of children with learning differences
- Two or more years of classroom teaching experience
- Provide direct, differentiated instruction in small math groups for students in grades 6-8, focusing on student collaboration, critical thinking, and problem-solving.
- Implement school-selected math curricula to fidelity.
- Modify and create instructional resources to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and learning needs in collaboration with math coach and grade level teams.
- Use the Responsive Classroom approach to classroom management
- Provide a positive environment in which students are able to engage actively in meaningful learning experiences.
- Provide bi-weekly family updates regarding group progress, as well as host weekly office hours for families as needed.
- Attend division-level meetings and grade-level meetings
- Model professional and ethical standards when working with students, families, and colleagues.
$ 75,000 – $ 120,000
Read more about this opening and
Subscribe to Job Alerts to get notification when we publish new openings