This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest client school in Seattle, Washington, seeks a Fifth and Sixth Grade Math Teacher for an August 2024 start date.
CalWest Required Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
Client School Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics or a related field, a master’s degree is preferred.
- Experience teaching Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Algebra II, and Geometry.
- Candidates must be experienced with the developmental needs of 10 to 13 year old children
- Professional experience in gifted education, creative problem-solving, and inquiry-based education is preferred.
- The fifth and sixth grade math teacher will be a member of the intermediate school and middle school faculty and report to the middle school head.
- This position is ideal for the dynamic and knowledgeable teacher who has experience designing and implementing math curriculum for 5th and 6th grade.
- The teacher will need to plan and design daily instructional activities for all students and develop multiple tools to assess student learning on an ongoing basis.
- Teacher responsibilities also include being an advisor to 5th and/or 6th grade students, participation in Back to School Night, curriculum nights, class outings, multi-day/night trips, and other co-curricular activities, as well as attendance at faculty and department/grade level meetings.
$ 62,000 – $ 122,000
Read more about this opening and
Subscribe to Job Alerts to get notification when we publish new openings