This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest client, Echo Horizon School, in Culver City, CA is seeking a Chief Financial Officer to start immediately.
This search is being conducted exclusively by CalWest Educators Placement. All interested candidates can contact Shoshana Lurie, Senior Search Consultant via email. Please do not contact the school directly.
CalWest Required Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
Client School Preferred Qualifications
- CPA and/or MBA
- Minimum 8 years progressive experience in a similar position
- Experience in HR administration (preferably California)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders (parents, faculty/staff, Board of Trustees, vendors, etc.)
- Ability to write a range of professional documents (emails, budgets, performance reviews, etc.)
- Adaptability to changing situations
- Demonstrated competency with full range of standard office software.
- Provide strategic guidance to the Head of School and Board of Trustees with regards to financial sustainability and long term financial strategies
- Prepare the annual budget and maintain the long range financial model
- Partner with various department heads to optimize programmatic performance
- Manage day-to-day accounting and maintenance of accounting records
- Supervise Associate Director of Business Operations
- Manage annual independent audit of the School’s financial statements and implement recommendations
- Oversee banking activities and cash flow management
- Monitor financial investments
- Ensure that strong internal controls are in place
- Attend all Board meetings and prepare quarterly financial statements for the Head of School and Board of Trustees
- Execute school’s Tuition Assistance program in a manner consistent with the school’s mission and vision in conjunction with the Head of School, Director of Echo Center, and Director of Admissions.
$ 145,000 – $ 160,000
Read more about this opening and
Subscribe to Job Alerts to get notification when we publish new openings