This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest client school in the Greater Los Angeles area is seeking a Dean of Student Life for a July 2023 start date.
CalWest Required Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
Client School Preferred Qualifications
- Experienced educator with a preferred Master’s Degree or equivalent in Education or a related field.
- 5 years or more experience in elementary and middle school education, ideally in an independent school
- Ability to lead and collaborate with colleagues in a team environment
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to inspire visionary thinking among all constituents
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrates passionate commitment to personal and professional growth as a model for the school community
- A collaborative, cooperative, and patient mindset
- Aligned with the school’s Mission and Goals.
- Communicate clear and consistent school wide expectations and processes for behavior management aligned with our approach, restorative practices, and DEIJ best practices.
- Oversee day-to-day disciplinary issues K-8, working closely with advisors, faculty, and division directors, as outlined in our behavior management framework. This will involve addressing more immediate situations, meeting with students and mediating situations, supporting teachers, consulting with division directors, creating behavior plans for students, prompt parent communication, and following up on situations (days, weeks, or months later).
- Provide team leaders, advisors, and teachers with support/training in implementing the Holy Child approach to behavior management.
- Plan and maintain the K-8 school calendar as it relates to student activities by adding all events to ensure proactive communication and advanced planning.
- Lead and create the parameters and structure of the Middle School Advisory Program and design details with support and planning from Team Leaders.
- In partnership with the Dean of Academic Life, create special schedules in preparation for assemblies, special events, and other needs.
$ 90,000 – $ 105,000