This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Los Angeles area seeks a Middle School Math Teacher to begin on August 1, 2023.
CalWest Required Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
Client School Preferred Qualifications
- Possess California Single Subject Math Credential (or be enrolled in a university program and intern eligible)
- Enjoy working with middle school students.
- Demonstrated classroom excellence, differentiated instruction & student-centered methodologies.
- Actively engage with and support the school’s social justice mission and demonstrates a commitment to intersectional, anti-racist education.
- Be flexible and be a team player.
- Positive outlook, enjoy collaborating with colleagues, and appreciate different points of view.
- Bilingualism is a plus.
- Guide students to mastery of the Common Core State Standards in Mathematics.
- Use data to inform practice, including participation in school wide benchmarking and intervention.
- Create a nurturing and caring classroom environment for all students.
- Serve as a student advisor, including following the advisory curriculum, monitoring social, emotional, and academic progress, and acting as the first contact for parents.
- Provide accommodations and support in accordance with IEPs and 504 plans when applicable.
- Provide scaffolds for all learners, including multilingual learners, through iELD and dELD.
$ 60,000 – $ 99,000