This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Los Angeles area is seeking a Middle School History/Humanities Teacher to begin immediately.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Four-year degree from a college or university.
- Valid teacher credential, Masters Degree and/or previous Middle School teaching experience.
- Passionate, student-centered, developmental approach to teaching.
- Ability to differentiate instruction to address the needs of all students.
More about this role
- Design and implement project-based, multi-disciplinary instructional units in Middle School English and History.
- Collaborate with grade level colleagues to plan, integrate, and enhance instruction in all curricular areas.
- Participate in special school events including, but not limited to, Open House, Back to School Night, special student performances. Attendance at other community/school events is encouraged.
- Serve as a Middle School advisor and other duties as assigned.