This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater East Bay Area is seeking a High School English Teacher.
CalWest Required Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
Client School Preferred Qualifications
- A college degree from an accredited college or university in English or a related field
- A valid California teaching credential or a graduate degree in a related field is preferred
- The teacher should be open to collaboration with other teachers both within and outside of the department on curricular projects and school initiatives
- Experience with or openness to initiatives fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Interested in innovative curriculum development as it relates to making learning highly relevant in today’s world.
- An ideal candidate is a team player who can think outside the box, is confident and capable of the use of technology in the classroom, and is familiar with using a digital learning management system.
- Effectively manages instructional time and student behavior
- Plans diverse lessons that ensure student comprehension of learning outcomes
- Uses diverse assessments that capture student comprehension of content in a variety of ways
- Effectively uses Schoology as an avenue for student learning
- Records assignments in PowerSchool in a timely fashion
- Collaborates with Department members and seeks out opportunities to partner with colleagues to implement innovative learning opportunities for students
- Communicate with department chairs, academic support, personal counselors, students, and parents in a timely fashion when students are at risk academically or personal
- Provides appropriate instruction in specified curriculum and instructional feedback
- Effectively monitors and evaluates student performance
- Maintains professional standards within the educational environment
- Fulfills professional growth expectations
$ 60,000 – $ 90,000
Read more about this opening and
Subscribe to Job Alerts to get notification when we publish new openings