This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Los Angeles Area is seeking a Middle School History Teacher for January 2024.
CalWest Required Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
Client School Preferred Qualifications
- Teaching Credential, a degree in History or a related field preferred
- Special Education experience preferred
- Minimum of 4 years working with students in Kindergarten- 8th Grade
- Proficient in using Student Information Systems, Google Suite, Google Classroom, Chromebooks, assistive technology, and digital curriculum platforms.
- Knowledge and ability to teach core middle school history-social science courses such as medieval & early modern world history and early United States history.
- Encourage students to learn about the world from several perspectives—local to global—and facilitate conceptual understanding based on these multiple perspectives.
- Maximize learning for all students utilizing evidence-based special education instructional strategies.
- Develop multi-modal lessons and projects that allow students to learn by doing, exploring, and creating.
- Identify, select, and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Provide equitable and accessible learning by creating individualized student support, accommodations, differentiated instruction, and varied assessment options.
- Integrate educational technology into the curriculum and provide assistive technology options
- Instruct students in transferable academic skills, e.g., studying strategies, time management, executive function skills, etc.
$ 60,000 – $ 70,000
Read more about this opening and
Subscribe to Job Alerts to get notification when we publish new openings