This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater East Bay Area is seeking a Spanish Teacher for January 2024.
CalWest Required Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
Client School Preferred Qualifications
- Native-level of fluency in Spanish
- Valid California teaching credential and/or an undergraduate degree in a related field
- Open to collaboration with other teachers both within and outside of the department on curricular projects and school initiatives
- A history of openness to creative and innovative lessons, assessment, and learning opportunities
- Experience with or openness to initiatives fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion to create a safe and welcoming learning environment
- Effectively manages instructional time and student behavior
- Plans diverse lessons that ensure student comprehension of learning outcomes
- Uses diverse assessments that demonstrate student comprehension of content in a variety of ways
- Effectively uses Schoology as an avenue for student learning
- Records assignments in PowerSchool in a timely fashion
- Collaborates with department members and seeks out opportunities to partner with colleagues to implement innovative learning opportunities for students
- Communicate with department chairs, academic support, personal counselors, students, and parents in a timely fashion when students are at-risk academically or personally
- Cooperates with appropriate personnel (e.g., Deans and Attendance officers) in enforcing school policies, rules, and regulations.
$ 60,000 – $ 90,000
Read more about this opening and
Subscribe to Job Alerts to get notification when we publish new openings