This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest client school in the Greater Oakland Area seeks a Middle School English Teacher to begin August 2023.
CalWest Required Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
Client School Preferred Qualifications
- Clear Single Subject Teaching Credential or a multiple subject credential
- Dual credential in another subject is a plus
- Secondary classroom experience and strong classroom management
- Commitment to school hours
- Be committed to supporting students with high needs and believe that all students can be successful at high levels and that a student’s academic success should not be determined by their race or ethnicity, socio-economic status, gender, sexual preference, etc.
- Have a student-focused lens and continually seek to build strong relationships with students and their families. Utilize restorative practices with students.
- Value community and collaboration with other teachers and supporting staff members
- Be a successful teacher – strong in content knowledge, culturally responsive practices, skilled at curriculum development. Experience with competency-based learning is a plus.
- Reflect deeply and often about how to grow and develop instructional practices in order to impact student learning. Be open to coaching and feedback to improve practice.
$ 62,000 – $ 85,000
Read more about this opening and
Subscribe to Job Alerts to get notification when we publish new openings