This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Los Angeles Area is seeking a Middle School Math Teacher to begin August 2023.
CalWest Required Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
Client School Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Math Education or related field; Master’s degree is preferred.
- State certification in Math Education is preferred.
- Candidates must have excellent writing, interpersonal, and organizational skills, and the ability to work with independence in dealing with the diverse elements of the academic environment.
- Experience teaching math to middle school students.
- Knowledge of Catholic teachings and the ability to integrate faith into math lessons and activities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other faculty and staff.
- Commitment to the school’s mission and values.
- Demonstrates a desire to meaningfully integrate technology into the classroom
- Employs a variety of teaching methods to engage different learning styles and ability levels in the classroom
- Prepares motivating and stimulating lessons that reflect knowledge of the curriculum, child development, and student abilities
- Encourages an inclusive classroom that accepts the different perspectives and backgrounds of the students and elicits a greater understanding of the world around them with a global perspective
- Utilizes a variety of assessments and uses the data from students to develop lessons and instructional activities as needed
- Open and willing to co-teach with other teachers in and out of the department to enhance and support the learning of each student
- Updates curriculum and materials as needed.
- Creates a learning environment that is motivating and age appropriate, setting clear expectations for classwork and homework while maintaining current books and instructional resources that support the classroom learning.
- Seeks to actively know students’ strengths and weaknesses and responds promptly and with care to parent concerns.
- Communicates effectively with parents, colleagues, and administrators.
- Uses the LMS and SIS systems in place to accurately reflect student progress and mastery and keeps it up to date.
- Meets reporting deadlines and requirements and follows school-wide procedures for reporting progress, grades, and mastery.
- Demonstrates strong classroom management skills
$ 60,088 – $ 110,990