This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Los Angeles area seeks a Dual Language Elementary (TK – 5) Teacher to begin on August 1, 2023.
CalWest Required Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
Client School Preferred Qualifications
- Experience at a dual language immersion/bilingual school and fluency in target language – Spanish;
- California Multiple Subject Teaching Credential;
- Bilingual Authorization, BCLAD or equivalent credential.
- A love of students and demonstrated strength building meaningful relationships with the age group they teach;
- Enthusiasm for the schools values, mission and core guiding principles;
- A desire to work with a collaborative team of educators;
- Proven commitment to constructivism, multiple assessments, data driven instruction and a collaborative approach to teaching and learning;
- 2+ years of experience teaching in the subject area applying for, or equivalent.
- Create a safe and supportive classroom culture that prioritizes relationships with and among students;
- Develop and refine standards-based curriculum maps, lessons, and units of study emphasizing active learning strategies and problem-based learning;
- Assess student progress and maintain accurate records;
- Use data to tailor instruction to meet individual student academic and social needs with a goal of every student performing on-grade level or above in all subject areas;
- Maintain the school’s student management policies and procedures (i.e., attendance records, etc.) and report to the school administrators when necessary;
- Maintain effective supervision and discipline in the classroom;
- Work with other teachers, support personnel and administrators to address and resolve student issues;
- Participate in faculty and professional meetings, team meetings, and task forces;
- Participate in professional development activities, and apply new strategies in alignment with school’s educational philosophy;
- Frequently communicate and engage with students’ families, colleagues, and other school stakeholders;
- Participate as an active member of the community to provide stewardship of the school and adhere to its mission and guiding principles;
- Comply with mandatory reporter requirements;
- Comply with all school safety procedures and drills;
- Ensure that students are supervised at all times;
- Ensure that the classroom is safe and clean;
- Use technology, the Internet, and software applications effectively and efficiently to carry out
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
$ 6,000 – $ 99,000