This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
This search is being conducted exclusively by CalWest.
Please contact Shoshanna Lurie to learn more about this opportunity.
Sterne School provides full-day instruction to lower and high school students. The school’s mission is to build on the foundation of individual strengths to discover and nurture each student’s version of greatness. In a warm respectful atmosphere, our students become confident, disciplined, responsible citizens able to meet the challenges of further learning and society. The school is certified by the California State Department of Education and accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Sterne School is an equal opportunity employer.
The High School Math Teacher reports to the Head of the High School and is responsible for guiding students to achievement of the Student Learning Objectives (SLOs) and the 2019-2024 Strategic Plan. This is a full-time teaching position that includes four sections of some combination of Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in special education or mathematics.
- 3 – 5 years of High School math instruction and working knowledge of learning disabilities, specifically math learning disabilities.
- Guiding students to achievement of the Student Learning Objectives (SLOs) and the 2019-2024 Strategic Plan.
- Four sections of some combination of Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II.
- Providing planned, structured, and research-based instruction to students in a way that best meets their individual needs and profile.
- Collaborating with co-teachers as appropriate.
- Embodying and supporting the Sterne School Mission Statement, Diversity Statement and goals, and Core Values.
- Supporting the Wellness Initiative and Social-Emotional Learning goals and objectives
- Preparing and following course descriptions that include course objectives, materials used, and grading scale.
- Substituting as needed.
$ 68,000 – $ 98,000