This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Los Angeles area is seeking a High School Humanities Instructor for an August 2023 start date.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Expert level knowledge in their field and competency in related fields.
- Experience in project, problem-based models for gifted and LD. Training will be provided.
- Background in gifted and/or learning disabilities is desirable. Training will be provided.
- Capable of facilitating the development of a broad range of skills tracking Blooms taxonomy.
- Knowledge of acquisition, understanding, application, analysis/evaluation and novel organization and use.
- Differentiated methods for developing presentation and writing skills to improve written work and communication of their ideas; to assist students in finding their voice; and to learn to enjoy and take pride in the process as well as outcome.
- Commit to ongoing professional development in the discipline of 2e principles and practices.
- Provide a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Facilitate activities and projects that incorporate communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking.
- Identify, select, and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of the 2e students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and other special needs.
$ 65,000 – $ 75,000