This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Oakland Area is seeking Elementary Level Assistant Teachers to begin August 1, 2023.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Hold a university degree and be enrolled in a university program leading to a teaching credential.
- Have experience working with elementary aged children in an active, multicultural classroom setting.
- Have completed coursework in child development and education.
- Understand the core tenets of progressive educational theory and practice while building inclusive communities.
- Be skilled in following directions from classroom teachers and know when and how to take initiative to support the students.
- Possess a nurturing and supportive tone with students.
- Assisting the teacher in all aspects of teaching and implementing classroom management strategies.
- Designing, planning for and leading small group instruction in core subjects under the direction of the teacher.
- Collaborating with the lead teacher to practice instructing small groups, individuals and the whole class.
- Supporting children with their social and emotional development and facilitating student conflict resolution.
- Providing general classroom clerical support.
- Ensuring student safety by supervising and engaging with students during recesses, lunch duties, morning drop off and afternoon check out.
$ 50,000 – $ 60,000