This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in Southern California is seeking an experienced Head of Middle School to begin July 2023.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Education Administration.
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in educational administration or equivalent managerial expertise.
- Self-starter with an ability to successfully prioritize and multi-task in an atmosphere in which time sensitive deadlines are the norm, as are interruptions.
- Ability to delegate, coordinate, and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus (internal and external).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders of the school.
- Highly ethical and confidential team player.
More about this role
- Maintain congruency between the school’s board-approved mission statement and all activities within the division.
- Act as the educational leader of the Middle School division, responsible for its daily operation; direct the activities of the faculty and staff in the performance of their duties.
- Observe, supervise and help evaluate the faculty in the development and implementation of curriculum; supervise the teaching process and review and evaluate the academic programs.
- Provide for the academic guidance of students; maintain complete academic records on all students; oversee the grading and reporting of standards and methods used by teachers in measuring student achievement.
- Maintain an awareness of the educational, physical, social and psychological needs of the members of the school community, and develop plans for meeting these needs.
- Oversee and direct the activities of the lead teachers, faculty committees and student organizations and activities.