This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area is seeking an 7th Grade Entrepreneurial Program Teacher to begin August 2023.
Note: This is a part-time position with the possibility of becoming full-time with the addition of teaching Computer Science and serving as an advisor.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Teaching experience with middle school students preferred
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field of study
- Prior work experience at a startup or as a maker is a plus
- Familiarity with entrepreneurship, product design cycle, and computer programming
More about this role
- Commitment to experiential, project-based learning, narrative assessment, and other progressive pedagogies
- Enthusiasm for the values and mission of The Girls’ Middle School
- Demonstrated skill designing equitable and inclusive educational experiences and learning environments that incorporate themes of diversity and belonging
- Ability to manage and leverage parent volunteers in and out of the classroom
- Openness to feedback and a growth mindset
- Eagerness and ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Passion for supporting girls in discovering their strengths and finding their voice
- A sense of humor and love for the middle-school age
- Excellent organizational and communication skills