This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Los Angeles Area is seeking an experienced Elementary School General Studies Teacher to begin August 2023.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Valid Teaching Credential
- BA or BS in a related field
- Intellectually curious
- Able to engage in authentic conversation
- An articulate and adept listener and communicator
- Most importantly, able to build meaningful and collaborative relationships with students, colleagues, and parents.
More about this role
- Develops instructional plans on a yearly and unit basis within the framework of the prescribed curriculum.
- Provides planned experiences that motivate students toward independent and original thought. Provide opportunities for student choice and decision-making.
- Develops a program to meet the needs of students with widely varying intelligence and capabilities by providing individualized and small-group instruction, multi-sensory materials, and independent study.
- Integrates technology into instruction.
- Creates a functional and attractive environment for learning through displays, bulletin boards, and interest/learning centers.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an effective learning environment.
- Identifies student’s needs and cooperates with other professionals to assess and help students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Provides planned learning experiences which include leading students to reaching stated goals and objectives.