This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Los Angeles area is seeking an Elementary School Science Teacher for an August 2023 start date.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in content area, or related to the teaching field.
- Previous teaching experience, with a progressive, constructivist orientation.
- Experience with project and problem based learning.
- Ability to comfortably work in a team environment.
- An understanding of the needs of neurodiverse students. Training will be provided.
More about this role
- Create learner profiles and dynamic lesson plans aligned with division themes and goals.
- Embed activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development, and model positive social interactions at all times.
- Differentiate lessons when needed to give all students access to the curriculum.
- Evaluate student performance on tasks, using different methods, such as: observation; evaluation of productivity, resilience, and perseverance; instinct; and other practices.