This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Seattle Area is seeking an Upper Division Counselor to begin August 23, 2023.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Masters degree in school counseling or related field;
- Experience working as a full-time school counselor for two or more years;
- Experience working with early childhood and/or elementary students;
- High degree of cultural competency and demonstrated success in working with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Strong knowledge of current trends, research, and best practices in child development
More about this role
- Serve as a resource and advocate for teachers, families, and the individual needs of students using a culturally responsive, multicultural lens.
- Continue to support and develop a school-wide culture of respect and appreciation for others’ differences grounded in the school’s core values.
- Serve as a member of the Student Support Team, working closely with the learning specialists and the division head to support students experiencing academic, behavioral, and/or social-emotional issues.
- Collaborate with school administrators and teachers to develop support strategies for students and also provide guidance to parents, teachers, advisors and administrators when SEL concerns arise about a student.
- Develop and deliver curriculum for students, teachers,