This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area is seeking a Middle School Advisor & ELA Teacher to begin August 1, 2023.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid teaching credential
- Experience with and understanding of adolescent children in grades 6-8
- Experience with and understanding of children with learning differences
- Two or more years of classroom teaching experience
More about this role
- Create and facilitate daily morning advisory meetings.
- Co-teach Middle School ELA classes, collaborating with teaching partner to deliver lessons, differentiate instruction based on student needs, and work with individual or small groups of students who need additional support or extension.
- Teach one targeted language class to a small group ~6-8 students.
- Teach elective classes of your choosing to middle school students.
- Identify, select, and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and learning needs.
- Use classroom management systems that are focused on social emotional needs.