This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area is seeking a Middle School Math Teacher to begin August 1, 2023.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid teaching credential
- Experience with and understanding of adolescent children in grades 6-8
- Experience with and understanding of children with learning differences
- Two or more years of classroom teaching experience
More about this role
- Provide direct, differentiated instruction in small math groups for students in Middle School grades focusing on 21st century skills like collaboration, critical thinking, and problem solving.
- Identify, select, modify, and create instructional resources to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and learning needs, in collaboration with middle school math coaches and teachers.
- Use classroom management systems that are focused on students’ social emotional needs.
- Provide a positive environment in which students are able to engage actively in meaningful learning experiences.
- Communicate and partner effectively with students, parents, teachers, and other professionals on a regular basis.