This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area is seeking a Middle School Dean of Students to begin July 1, 2023.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Have superb instincts for middle-schoolers.
- Relate well to all types of students.
- Have exceptional written and verbal skills.
- Be resilient and patient when demands are high.
- Be readily available for early morning student conferences, daily afternoon meetings, and evening events.
- Work with students and families during emotional crises.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s preferred.
More about this role
- Support individual students in need of guidance.
- Support advisors and faculty in their work with students.
- Establish a cooperative working relationship with parents.
- Teach S.E.L. (wellness or character development) classes 4th through 8th grades.
- Plan class meetings, co-run town halls, and plan other school events.
- Be responsible for discipline, building strong relationships, and contributing to a healthy culture.
- Aid in transitioning new students to the school.
- Meet and work effectively with the Middle School Division Head, Director of Student Support, Counselors, and Learning Specialist to coordinate support for students.
- Facilitate the Comet Leadership Council (student leadership group).
- Manage other duties as assigned.