This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Los Angeles Area is seeking an experienced English Teacher to begin August 1, 2023.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- A bachelor’s degree in English Literature or a closely related field, advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of three years’ full-time experience teaching English, six or more years preferred
- Readiness to teach five classes
- A demonstrable passion for literature and writing
- Evidence of significant recent professional development
- Excellent technology skills and experience integrating technology into the curriculum
- Experience in a school with a similar philosophy, teaching methods, and curricula to those of Windward; knowledge and understanding of independent school communities preferred
- Willingness to contribute to school life outside of the classroom
- A proven commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people
More about this role
- Teach five sections of English across grade levels as assigned
- Design and coordinate curriculum with other members of the department and liaise with other departments
- Monitor and evaluate students’ progress, prepare for parent conferences, craft narrative feedback for students, etc.
- Exhibit knowledge of current trends, pedagogy, research, and topics of importance in language arts education by applying it in the classroom and sharing it with teachers on a departmental and school-wide basis
- Participate in regular, purposeful pedagogy meetings and in professional development sessions
- Participate actively in the life of the school, through attendance at events, committee membership, and leadership of extracurricular activities
- Perform other duties within the scope, spirit, and purpose of the job, as requested by the divisional directors