This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Los Angeles Area is seeking an experienced Computer Science Teacher to begin August 1, 2023.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; an advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience
- Be cognizant of current trends, pedagogy, research, and topics of importance in computer science education and be willing to apply it in the classroom and share with other teachers
- Participate actively in the life of the school
- Be comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment
- Be open to professional growth and development
- Communicate effectively with students, parents/guardians, and colleagues
- Have excellent technology skills and experience integrating technology into the curriculum
More about this role
- Teach five sections of Computer Science courses; while primarily an Upper School position, some Middle School work is possible.
- Monitor and evaluate students’ progress and communicate with parents and Division teams regarding student progress.
- Exhibit knowledge of current trends, pedagogy, research, and topics of importance in computer science pedagogy by applying it in the classroom and sharing it with teachers on a departmental and school-wide basis.
- Participate in regular, purposeful pedagogy meetings and professional development sessions.
- Participate actively in the life of the school through attendance at events, committee membership, and leadership of extracurricular activities.
- Perform other duties within the scope, spirit, and purpose of the job, as requested by the divisional directors.