This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area is seeking a Lower School Homeroom Teacher to begin August 1, 2023.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid teaching credential
- Experience with and understanding of elementary-age children
- Experience with and understanding of children with learning differences
- Two or more years of classroom teaching experience
More about this role
- Provide direct, differentiated instruction for students, focusing on 21st century skills like collaboration, critical thinking, and problem solving.
- Identify, select, modify, and create instructional resources to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and learning needs, in collaboration with grade level teammates and instructional coaches.
- Use classroom management systems that are focused on students’ social emotional needs.
- Provide a positive environment in which students are able to engage actively in meaningful learning experiences.
- Communicate and partner effectively with students, parents, teachers, and other professionals on a regular basis.
- Model professional and ethical standards when working with students, families, and colleagues.