This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater San Francisco Area is seeking a Transitional Kindergarten Co-Teacher to begin August 14, 2023.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Applicants should have a teaching credential;
- 3+ years of teaching experience
- B.A./B.S. degree in early childhood education.
- An advanced degree in education or a similar field is desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills, pedagogical expertise, a growth mindset.
- A proactive approach to creating a sense of belonging for all students in the classroom.
- Ability to integrate into school culture, a good sense of humor, and flexibility are essential.
More about this role
- Work in collaboration with our current TK lead teacher in a co-teaching model, sharing all responsibilities.
- Possess strong instructional skills in teaching math, literacy, and writing.
- Develop and implement a dynamic curriculum and differentiate to meet the varied needs of all learners.
- Demonstrate a thorough background in current best practices in education and effectively apply these to their teaching.
- Be committed to the education of all students; view diversity as a strength; share school vision of high standards of learning.
- Cultivate and promote a safe, caring, inclusive, and supportive learning environment.
- Demonstrate leadership and strong organizational skills; work well with colleagues.
- Communicate effectively with parents; accept constructive feedback; solve problems creatively.
- Seek out and implement innovative learning opportunities; be able to manage the multiple demands of teaching; be open to new ideas and change.
- Embrace learning as a lifelong process with a commitment to ongoing professional development.