This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Los Angeles area is seeking a Sixth Grade Teacher – Math/Science to begin August 1, 2023.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Have completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education in education or related field based.
- Hold a multi-subject teaching credential.
- Have a minimum of 5 years teaching experience in an elementary or middle school setting
- Experience leading advisory is preferred but not required.
- Proficiency with technology and digital platforms in the classroom.
- Training in Responsive Classroom and Writer’s Workshop preferred.
More about this role
- Responsible for delivering instruction to grade-level in mathematics and science, and writing to homeroom classroom.
- Partner with sixth grade team and program administrators to deliver advisory curriculum.
- Committed to building the larger school culture and community, particularly with regard to diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
- Attend Back to School Night, Open House, all Parent-Teacher Conferences, Faculty In-Service Days, Grade-Level or Associate Teacher Meetings, and all mandatory professional development.