This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school, Crestview Preparatory School, is conducting an exclusive search for their next Director of Finance and Operations with Shoshanna Lurie, Senior Search Consultant. Please do not contact the school, all interested applicants must apply here.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to the satisfaction of the Head of School. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong administrative and leadership skills. Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of constituencies, including parents, faculty, staff, members of the Board of Trustees and the community surrounding the school.
- Compliance with generally acceptable accounting practices, timely reporting and accurate representation of school’s financial position.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, motivation and team building.
- Computer literate, working knowledge of accounting software.
- Degree in accounting, business, finance or equivalent.
- Experience as a controller or senior finance/accounting manager.
- Five years of experience in a comparable managerial position.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or CPA.
- Experience with the non-profit setting, preferably an independent school.
More about this role
The Director of Finance and Operations is responsible for all financial operations and physical management of the School. The Director of Finance and Operations also maintains personnel files and provides in-put on Human Resources issues impacting personnel and the School. In addition, the Director of Finance and Operations is expected to work closely with the Finance Committee and the Board of Trustees on creating and monitoring the annual budget, cash flow and investment management, as well as manage requests from the outside auditor.
- Supervision and oversight of the Business Office and all of its functions including accounting, investments, cash flow, banking, billing, purchasing and collections.
- Preparation and administration of the annual budget including proposed tuition and salary changes.
- Management of the human resource function including payroll and personnel benefits package.
- Coordination of the financial aid process and participation in distribution of awards.
- Maintenance and negotiation of vendor contracts.
- Coordination of the annual audit and compliance with auditor requirements and recommendations.
- Support of Assistant Head with oversight of the Maintenance Coordinator and school’s facilities.
- Compliance with necessary business liability insurance coverage requirements and risk management.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements including management reports for the Head of School, Finance Committee and the Board of Trustees.
- Represent the school at regional, state and national associations relative to the role.
- Assistance to the Parents Association in its financial affairs.
- Assistance to the Head of School in various projects including coordination of construction projects, renovation of facilities, improvement of employee benefits package, establishment of new policies, etc.