This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Los Angeles area is seeking an Associate Head of School – P-8th Grade to start November 1, 2022.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree required, in education-related field preferred.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years teaching experience with additional experience in a leadership role preferred (i.e., grade-level coordinator, department chair, etc.).
- Formal assistant director, administrative, curriculum and/or business experience at a private school.
- Must be able to relate well with students, parents, teachers, and staff.
- Must be decisive and take initiative in the development of the campus.
More about this role
- Assists in overseeing the day-to-day operations and maintaining a visible presence for staff, students, and families.
- Evaluates curriculum with input from teachers, tests, students, parents, and Education Department to assure that the benchmarks are current.
- Assist with new and continuing enrollment, including testing when needed.
- Evaluate teachers, monitor lesson plans, and address performance issues in conjunction with Head of School.
- Manage regular and summer school program data, including class lists and schedules.