This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Los Angeles area seeks a Maternity Leave Substitute Math Teacher starting in January 2023.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related subject
- Commitment to equity and inclusion
- A clear enjoyment of working with children
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
More about this role
- Teach 2-5 classes of Algebra I, Algebra II Honors/Trigonometry, Geometry Honors, Pre-calculus, AP Calculus AB, and/or AP Statistics
- Integrate technology extensively throughout curriculum including TI-Nspire handhelds in Algebra 2/Trig and higher, and interactive programs such as Desmos, Kahoot, Edpuzzle, and Socrative