This opening calls for specific administration and teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Los Angeles area seeks a Technical Director to begin November 1, 2022.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Possesses, at minimum, a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Theatre, Technical Theatre, an area of Theatrical Design, or a related field of study.
- Has at least three years of professional or academic experience working effectively as a Technical Director, professional Stage Manager, Production Manager or other comparable professional work.
- Has at least three years of demonstrated success teaching at the secondary level.
- Is able to turn designs into technical drawings and/or computer renderings.
- Is skilled in scenic construction and/or electrics.
- Can run or assist in running and maintaining a scene shop, replete with a full inventory of construction tools and production supplies.
- Is proficient with EOS software and ETC Ion family lighting consoles, Qlab, Mac, Isadora, and Microsoft operating systems, as well as Vectorworks.
- Is able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
More about this role
- Support the artistic vision of directors and designers through scheduling and managing all phases of production from rehearsal to performance, including but not limited to: design, construction, and installation.
- Enforce policies and procedures for facilities use and resource allocation.
- Provide instruction and training to students in at least one of the following areas: scenic design and construction, lighting design and rigging, sound design and engineering, costume design and construction, projection design and realization, stage management and rehearsal etiquette.
- Supervise and maintain positive relationships with contracted labor, volunteer parents and student crews.
- Manage and maintain facilities, equipment and inventory.
- Build and maintain strong vendor and supplier relationships.
- Design either set, lighting, sound, or projections for Performing Arts productions throughout the school year.