This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area is seeking an Expanding Mathematics Teacher to start July 1, 2023.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, or related field.
- Experience teaching integrated mathematics at the high school level preferred.
- Experience with competency-based education preferred.
- A commitment to anti-racism and demonstrated skill designing equitable and inclusive educational experiences and learning environments that incorporate themes of diversity and justice.
More about this role
- Teach 3-4 sections of Integrated Math I-III.
- Advise 10-12 students, implementing the school’s social-emotional curriculum.
- Effectively manage flexible, collaborative learning experiences with various sized groups of students.
- Thoughtfully integrate technology into the curriculum.
- Design and lead two, quarter-long exploratory classes each year.