This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater San Diego area is seeking an Assistant Head of School to start July 1, 2023.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- A master’s degree in a relevant discipline and independent school experience are a plus
- At least two years of school administration experience
- At least two years of classroom teaching experience
- Experience with hiring and employee evaluation
More about this role
- Serve as Head of School in the HOS absence
- Assist in curriculum development and use of project-based learning techniques
- Review communications to parents including emergency notifications
- Assess student progress both academically and behaviorally