This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Los Angeles area is seeking a High School Director to start July 1, 2023.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Master’s degree or significant experience in education.
- Previous administrative experience w/line authority (Division Director, Academic Dean).
- Background in curriculum and program design.
- Background in gifted and/or learning differences / neurodiverse.
- Background in counseling or other SEL training.
- Classroom teaching experience.
More about this role
- Act as the educational leader of the school division, responsible for its day-to-day operation; to direct the activities of teachers and staff in the division.
- Function as the chief articulator of that division’s programs, expectations, behavioral guidelines, and other information necessary to ensure that all constituencies are fully informed consistent with their individual roles.
- Observe, supervise, and help evaluate the faculty in the development and implementation of curriculum; to supervise the teaching process, and to review and evaluate the academic programs.
- Provide an orderly, yet dynamic environment in which learning can take place, a school climate which is supportive and which reflects high morale.