This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Ventura County area is seeking a Middle School Math Teacher to start September 2022.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- 3+ years of experience teaching, preferred experience with project-based learning, and proven education success based on benchmark data from previous years.
- Teachers also are flexible, willing to take the initiative, and step-up as a leader on various projects.
More about this role
- As a project-based school, all team members must have a strong desire to change education and are willing to implement creative strategies in instruction and start-up programs to achieve our goal.
- Class sizes are capped at 12 students per class, with a 10:1 student-to-teacher ratio. Teachers have the autonomy to teach to their students’ skills/interests (as opposed to age).