This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater San Jose area seeks a Math Teacher to start in the August 2022.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Several years of math teaching experience and a track record of student learning
- Strong content knowledge, with at least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent study in mathematics
- Experience with problem-based pedagogy and curriculum or a strong background of learning and deep belief in PBL
More about this role
- You will bring a sense of adventure, a strong background in student-centered and problem-based mathematics instruction, and a growth mindset
- You will co-design, teach, and assess student learning of key mathematical practices and understandings in the math classroom and develop opportunities for application of the skills and concepts in interdisciplinary project work
- You will help to form community partnerships and develop authentic, real-world applications for student work and engagement