This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Los Angeles area seeks a 5th/6th Instructional Faculty Member to start August 2022.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related subject
- Special Education degree preferred
- Experience with reading, math, and writing interventions
- Experience with Universal Design for Learning
- Experience in differentiating curriculum for a wide range of neurodiverse learners
More about this role
- Develop high quality lessons in ELA, math, writing and social studies
- Address the academic, social and emotional needs of a neurodivergent 5th/6th grade class through differentiation and understanding each student’s learning style
- Support the skill development of students in the areas of writing, reading, math, study skills, executive functioning skills, problem-solving and test-taking skills