This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Los Angeles area seeks a Middle School Math Teacher to start August 2022.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related subject
- A clear commitment to the educational philosophy of the school
- Commitment to equity and inclusion
- A clear enjoyment of working with children and outstanding interpersonal skills with an understanding of how employing a variety of teaching styles is essential in order to be able to reach all students
More about this role
- Teach five classes (with three preps) of Algebra II Honors, Geometry Honors, and Pre-calculus
- Assess students with consistent, varied and engaging strategies
- Maintain clear documentation of the progression of student skills through BlackBaud
- Use restorative practice and positive reinforcement as primary behavior management strategies