This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Los Angeles area is seeking a Physical Education Specialist for an August 2022 start date.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) in education or related field.
- Master’s degree in education preferred.
- Three years’ teaching experience preferred.
- Successful teaching experience in middle or secondary school.
- Compassionate to the middle school age and experience.
- Independent school experience preferred.
- Experience working with highly gifted children preferred.
More about this role
- Physical education teachers also carry coaching duties for upper elementary and middle school athletic teams over 3 seasons: Fall, Winter, Spring.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication and collaboration skills, creativity, a high degree of self-direction and flexibility, and a willingness to work with all constituents.
- Cultivate and model a respectful, safe, creative, and innovative classroom.
- Evaluate student work, using both formative and summative assessments, benchmarks and other assessments to guide instructional planning and promote student success.
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with other faculty and throughout all grade levels on campus.
- Exhibit a sense of humor and commitment with high ethical professional standards, and equity perspective.