This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater San Francisco Bay area is seeking a Director of Operations to start July 2022.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in a related school or non-profit position, preferably as Director of Operations, Business Manager, or CFO, with a strong track record of results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, multi-tasker, flexible, and have an ability to navigate among different stakeholder groups with ease
- Strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit to accommodate high levels of responsibility and multiple priorities
More about this role
- Serves as the eyes and ears of the school to ensure that all school operations run seamlessly each and every day, proactively problem solving and developing systems where needed
- Serves as the point person for HR issues and coordinates with HR consultants or our law firm when needed
- Serves as the school’s link to our financial and accounting firm, EdOps, to ensure financial compliance and proper reporting, including tax compliance
- Oversees all aspects of facilities use, including communications with landlords, managing maintenance, aesthetics, shared space agreements, and campus safety
- Supports the Director of Student Programs to secure vendors for expeditions, local, international, and camping trips, etc.