This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Los Angeles area is seeking an English/Social Science Teacher for an August 2022 start date.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Possess the minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in English from an accredited college or university, graduate degree and/or teaching credential preferred.
- Possess 3-5 years classroom experience teaching writing and literature, preferably within an independent school.
- Agility and expertise in using technology to connect the study of English to the modern world.
More about this role
- Teach a full load of courses, as defined by the collective bargaining agreement.
- Serve as an advisor or homeroom teacher, as appropriate.
- Participate in the life of the school by attending assemblies, games, concerts, galas, and other school events.
- Provide supervision for lunch, study hall, recess, etc., and other duties as assigned.