This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Los Angeles area is seeking a Math Teacher for an August 2022 start date.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math or related field.
- Expert level knowledge in their field and competency in related fields.
- Experience in project, problem-based models for gifted and LD. Training will be provided.
- Background in gifted and/or learning disabilities is desirable. Training will be provided.
- Capable of facilitating the development of a broad range of skills tracking Blooms taxonomy.
- Fact/knowledge acquisition, understanding, application, analysis/evaluation and novel organization and use.
More about this role
- Commit to ongoing professional development in the discipline and in 2e principles and practices.
- Provide a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Facilitate activities and projects that incorporate social skills, communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking skills, and the skills of the discipline.