This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Orange County Area is seeking a 6th Grade Math Teacher to start in August 2022.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- 3-5 years of experience teaching mathematics, preferably within a middle school setting.
- International Baccalaureate (IB), inquiry and conceptual teaching experience preferred.
- Committed to ongoing collaboration with colleagues, administrators, parents and students.
- High energy, self-starter with ability to successfully prioritize and multi-task in an atmosphere in which time sensitive deadlines are the norm, as are interruption.
- Strong computer skills with a proficiency in MS office.
More about this role
- Implement the IB Middle Years Program.
- Provide instruction to students in Middle School mathematics, in addition to algebra.
- Establishing and maintaining standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom within the limitations of class size and the resources provided.
- Attend Division and subject matter meetings.
- Assist in chaperoning Middle School Field Studies.
- Other duties as required by the Head of Middle School and/or the Head of School.